CERTIFIED HOME HEALTH AIDE TRAINING
Course Catalogs/Schedule of Classes/Student Handbook Information Page
Everything you need to know is described below. If you still have questions after reading all the information below please contact Sunlight Care at (856) 780-4003 from 8:00AM – 5:00PM Monday – Friday.
(Moorestown, NJ) – Sunlight Care LLC provides day and night training programs to become a Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA). Our program is approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing and we are a training provider for the Department of Labor and Workforce Development. We also provide day and night programs to bridge a Certified Nurse’s Assistant (CNA) to Certified Home Health Aide. Classes will be held at the Sunlight Care facility, 505 S. Lenola Rd., Suite 111, Moorestown NJ. We are right on the 413 bus route with easy access from Camden, Pennsauken, Burlington, Westampton, Eastampton, Mt. Holly, Lumberton, Cherry Hill, Pemberton and Pemberton Heights. Bus route info can be found at http://www.sunlightcare.com/healthcare-jobs-accessible-by-bus.html
The CHHA course consists of 60 hours of class lecture and 16 hours of training in our on-site skills lab. Once training is complete, students will have the knowledge and skills required by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing to become a Certified Home Health Aide.
The CNA to CHHA bridge class consists of 10 hours of class lecture covering the required Home Care Module. You must have an active NJ CNA license to take this class. Once training is complete, students will have the knowledge required by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing to become a Certified Home Health Aide.
Applicants must be 18 years of age, U.S. citizens or qualified legal alien, and have the ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. They must be physically capable of participating in class work such as lifting, getting patients out of bed, giving bed baths, aiding transfers for those with limited mobility, and other patient related care. The NJ Board of Nursing requires that applicants be current on child support obligations, not be in default of student loans, not been convicted on any “Disqualify Crimes”. You will have to pass a criminal background check and be fingerprinted. If you perform well and follow all policies, Sunlight Care will employ you or aid you in finding employment.
Information for all classes:
1) We accept Cash, Money Orders and Credit Cards. Credit Card transactions must include a 3% processing fee for payments or refunds.
2) If for any reason your booked class is delayed or cancelled you may obtain a refund or apply your payments to a future scheduled class.
3) State Fees: The New Jersey Board of Nursing will require you to pay an Initial Application fee of $50 and a Certificate fee that ranges between $15 and $35.
All classes require a $100 registration fee to hold a seat for you. You must register in person at our office and sign our training agreement.
- You will be asked to demonstrate that you can read and write English.
- You must bring your government issued ID and your social security card.
- If you are not a US citizen you must bring in proof of eligibility to work in the USA.
- Class size is limited so signup early. We do accept alternates once the class is full.
Tuition terms and conditions:
- Balance must be paid 1 week before the first day of class to keep your seat.
- If you fail to pay tuition in full, your seat it will be offered to an alternate student and you will have to take a different class.
- You will only be allowed to switch classes once.
Tuition Fees (does not include state fees):
CHHA Day Class (includes the text book): $300.00
CHHA Evening Class (includes the text book): $400.00
CNA to CHHA Bridge Day Class (We will lend you a book if you leave a deposit): $50.00
CNA to CHHA Bridge Evening Class (We will lend you a book if you leave a deposit): $100
-Lost Book Replacement Fee: $50
-Book Deposit Fee: $50
-Notebook and pens (Bring your own or buy from us for $10)
-Scrubs are required to be worn every day (Bring your own or buy monogrammed scrubs from us for $150)
Payments and refunds
– Full payment is required 1 week before class starts.
– Cancellation with full refund (less $100 registration fee) will be provided if requested at least one week prior to start of class.
– Cancellation fee of full tuition will be charged if cancelled less than 1 week before class starts. You may request a transfer to an alternate class one time.
After the completion of the training and approval from the NJ Board of Nursing, students will receive certification from the Board of Nursing which will permit them to work in the State of New Jersey as a Certified Home Health Aide.
2015 – 2016 Schedules for Daytime CHHA Classes (Monday through Friday 8AM to 4:30 PM each day):
January 5 through January 16
February 2 through February 13
March 2 through March 13
April 6 through April 17
May 4 through May 15
June 1 through June 12
August 3 through August 14
September 8 through September 21
October 5 through October 16
November 2 through November 13
December 7 through December 18
January 4 through January 15
February 1 through February 12
March 7 through March 18
April 4 through April 15
May 2 through May 13
June 6 through June 17
2015 – 2016 Schedules for Daytime CNA to CHHA Bridge Classes (Thursday through Friday 8AM to 4:30 PM each day):
January 15 through January 16
February 12 through February 13
March 12 through March 13
April 16 through April 17
May 14 through May 15
June 11 through June 12
August 13 through August 14
September 17 through September 18
October 15 through October 16
November 12 through November 13
December 17 through December 18
January 14 through January 15
February 11 through February 12
March 17 through March 18
April 14 through April 15
May 12 through May 13
June 16 through June 17
2015 – 2016 Schedules for Evening CHHA Classes (Monday through Thursday 6PM to 10:00 PM each night):
March 9 through April 9
May 4 through June 4
September 8 through October 12
November 9 through December 10
March 14 through April 14
May 9 through June 9
2015 – 2016 Schedules for Evening CNA to CHHA Bridge Classes (Monday through Thursday 6PM to 10:00 PM each night):
April 6 through April 9
June 1 through June 4
October 6 through October 12
December 9 through December 15
April 11 through April 14
June 7 through June 13